Monday, May 28, 2007

Follow Your Bliss

I just watched the original version of The Secret DVD again tonight after talking to my sister who watched the extended version for the first time last night. She loved it so much she was taking notes. I thought that would be a great idea, which is why I watched it again. There is so much to take note of! Practically everything said by the teachers in the movie is worth writing down. The biggest thing I took from it this time was the "Follow your bliss..." quote from Joseph Campbell and all that the teachers said about joy and happiness.

Jack Canfield said he has a saying: "If it ain't fun, don't do it!" and his primary aim is to feel and experience joy. Neale Donald Walsch said "Joy, Love, Freedom, Happiness, Laughter. That's what it is. And if you just experience joy sitting there and meditating for an hour, by golly, do that. If you experience joy eating a salami sandwich, then do that!"

This theme of following your heart, finding your joy, and doing what you love has been popping up a lot in my life lately. My girlfriend recently sent me an email encouraging me to read a book on the subject. I haven't yet, but now I'm reconsidering it. Rhonda Byrne encourages us to ask "What is my joy?" in The Secret book, and that as you find it and commit yourself to joy, the Law of Attraction will pour an avalanche of joyful things, people, circumstances, events, and opportunities into your life, all because you are radiating joy. She sums it up by writing "Be happy now. Feel good now. That's the only thing you have to do. If that's the only thing you get, then you have received the greatest part of The Secret."

"When you follow your bliss, you live in a constant space of joy. You open yourself to the abundance of the Universe." - Lisa Nichols

No comments: