Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Power of Gratitude

One thing that I have become more and more aware of since watching "The Secret" is the power of gratitude. It is by far the quickest shortcut to feeling good I know of, and if you understood The Secret as I did, feeling good is the key to attracting more good since the Law of Attraction states that "like energy attracts like energy".

In "The Secret", Joe Vitale introduces the powerful process of gratitude by asking "What can you do right now to begin to turn your life around? The very first thing is to start making a list of things to be grateful for. This shifts your energy and starts to shift your thinking. Whereas before this exercise you might be focusing on what you don't have, your complaints, and your problems, you go in a different direction when you do this exercise. You start to be grateful for all the things that you feel good about."

Wallace D. Wattles, author of the book that inspired Rhonda Byrne to create "The Secret" wrote: If it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the Universe, consider it well, and you will see that it is true.

For me, taking a moment to sit down and start to be grateful for things feels a little challenging at first, but once I get rolling, the floodgates open, and soon I find myself not able to stop the outpouring of gratitude I have for all the people and things I usually take for granted in my life.

Recently I wrote an email to all my loved ones expressing how much I loved and appreciated them being in my life. I started writing that before I went to bed and before I knew it, it was 6am! I was feeling so good that I stayed up all night writing that email. It was so powerful, and I just wanted to keep writing more!

Try it. As James Ray says in "The Secret": "Gratitude has been such a powerful exercise for me. Every morning I get up and say "Thank You". Every morning, when my feet hit the floor, "Thank you". And then I start running through what I'm grateful for, as I'm brushing my teeth and doing the things I do in the morning. And I'm not just thinking about them and doing some rote routine. I'm putting it out there and I'm feeling the feeling of gratitude."

I've started doing this when I wake up in the morning, and it truly is a wonderful way to start the day off in a good mood. I even sit down and write in my journal all that I am grateful for in that moment. And as I think about it now, I am feeling so grateful for "The Secret" and all that has come into my life as a result of it.

I am so grateful for all the teachers of "The Secret". I have gone to each of their websites and learned so much more about the Law of Attraction and the power we have to attract all that we desire into our lives. I am so grateful for Rhonda Byrne, for her vision, and her passion of sharing "The Secret" with the world. And I am so deeply grateful for everyone and everything that has led me to this amazing point in my life.

It feels so good to be grateful, and I hope that you too will use the power of gratitude to feel good. And if you can practice it everyday and start to have an "attitude of gratitude", you will experience The Secret for yourself and see how being appreciative literally appreciates more into your life!

Thank you for checking out my blog. I hope that this in some way has helped or inspired you.

No comments: