Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Book That Inspired "The Secret"

Rhonda Byrne, the creator of "The Secret", was inspired to make the movie after reading a particular book that one of her daughters left behind for her. At a time in Rhonda's life when she was facing challenges from every direction, this century-old tattered transcript turned her life around. That book, written by Wallace D. Wattles in 1910, answered the hard questions Rhonda desperately wanted answers to.

What is interesting about this book is that the title seems to throw most people off. I've noticed this when mentioning it to friends who seem to lose interest as soon as I tell them the name of it. Most recently, I was talking to my girlfriend about it, and she literally recoiled when I told her the title of this amazing book. So I got to thinking about that...

I'm sure most of us have heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Well, I'm not sure where that cliche came from, but it couldn't be more true about this particular one. Before I reveal the name of it, I'd like to offer a glimpse of what's inside this gem.

There is a syllabus mentioned over and over in the chapters of this little book, which is surprisingly only 70 pages long. This theme is the basis for the Law of Attraction, and if you can fully comprehend the implications of it, you will have realized the key to having everything you desire in your life.

In Wallace D. Wattles own words:

There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought, in this substance, produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.

Man can form things in his thought, and, by impressing his thoughts upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created.

Did you get that? Read it again... and again. Let it sink in. This might just be the most profound statement you will ever read. If you grasp its meaning, you will have made a quantum leap in understanding the Secret and how you create your reality.

Wallace D. Wattle's book explains in depth simply and eloquently how to use this knowledge in a "certain way". He writes:

It is a natural law that like causes always produce like effects, and therefore, any man or woman who learns to do things in this certain way will infallibly get...

... Are you ready to hear the rest of it? Get what?!

Before I satisfy your curiosity, I want to elaborate on that "what" just to put it all in perspective. So let me ask YOU a question...

What do you really want in your life? I mean REALLY want. To help you with the answer to that, ask yourself this: What would I do if I could do anything I wanted, and it was not limited by time or money?

Think about it for a moment. Pretend like you just won the Powerball Super Lotto and received $850 million dollars to do whatever you please with. What would you do?

Buy your dream home? Buy the car you've always wanted? Travel the world?

Would you give to your favorite charities? Help out your family and friends? Save the world?

You could do anything with that kind of money, so what would it be?


Now that you've had time to think about it, what would have to happen in order for you to have and do all those wonderful things? You'd have to have Bill Gates' bank account wouldn't you. A couple billion dollars would make it a lot easier to live the life of your dreams, right? So consider what Wallace D. Wattles says about wealth:

Whatever may be said in praise of poverty, the fact remains that it is not possible to live a really complete or successful life unless one is rich.

That, my friend, is the "what". Getting rich is the key to living the life of your dreams. But before you gasp and say "Well, that's never going to happen!" Hang in there. There is hope, and that is precisely what this book gave Rhonda Byrne. Actually, it gave her more than just hope, it spelled out exactly the Science of Getting Rich. Hence, the name of Wallace D. Wattles book.

In the pages of "The Science of Getting Rich", Wallace D. Wattles goes on to write:

The ownership of money and property comes as a result of doing things in a certain way. Those who do things in this Certain Way, whether on purpose or accidentally, get rich; while those who do not do things in this Certain Way, no matter how hard they work or how able they are, remain poor.

Do you want to remain poor? Or do you want to be rich and have all that you desire in life?

I know, I know... stupid question. So here's the important one: What is that Certain Way?!

That is explained clearly in Wallace D. Wattles book, "The Science of Getting Rich".

Now, since you have stayed with me through all this, I want to give you something that will lead you to understanding and doing things in this Certain Way.

Click on http://s-g-r.thesgrprogram.com/

On that website, there is a place to sign up for 7 Free Lessons from the teachers of "The Secret", Bob Proctor and Jack Canfield. They have developed a program based on "The Science of Getting Rich", which you can read all about on the site. The 7 Free Lessons are truly FREE, so take advantage of them. After you have soaked them up and are hungry for more, The Science of Getting Rich Program will show you how to master doing things in this Certain Way.

I personally couldn't wait to get the whole program. I received my materials last week and have been saturating my mind listening to the audio, reading the workbook, and doing the exercises to train myself to do things in this Certain Way. It is an awesome program, to say the least! And I know I am on my way to attracting wealth and prosperity as a result of learning the Science of Getting Rich!

I hope you'll join me on this wonderful journey. There is a way to have everything you desire in life. This is it. Are you going to seize it?

http://s-g-r.thesgrprogram.com/

3 comments:

Sparker said...

How have you done since this blog was posted Nathan?

Unknown said...

Same question as Sparker, you left us being "on your way" towards wealth and prosperity, what's your situation now? I'm getting really interested in all that. Please answer!!

Unknown said...

Did it pan out?